Sometimes when I get home from the gym I just don’t feel like cooking but I’m soo hungry for something filling. Picking up something on the way home for us is just plain defeating the purpose. Well, crockpot to the rescue! Have you hugged your crockpot today? Well, you should. It can really be your best friend during the busiest of times, the laziest of times, and the hottest of times. Sometimes I make this for post gym eating but I’ll admit to having made this for post marathon gaming eating too. Afterall, I am a gamer girl at heart.
Look yummy? It is…oh yes it is. Let’s get to it then?
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package dry italian mix
- 1 can fat free Campbell’s cream of chicken soup
- 1 package of fat free cream cheese (8oz)
- Place the chicken in the crockpot. I start mine from frozen, no defrosting here! Add the water and the dressing mix. Just the mix, no oil or anything. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Add the soup and cream cheese to the crock, stir carefully (the chicken might be a bit fall apart). Cook one more hour or more if desired.
Yes, that’s it! So easy, it’s another one of those comfort foods. Sometimes after the gym you need something that tastes decadent and easy. We tend to serve this on rice. Serves four. Each breast with a bit of sauce is 300 calories. Now isn’t that the best news of all? Pair it with a nice salad and to be honest I find myself stuffed.