These little rolls are great on those warm days because you barely have to do any cooking at all! They are also great for using whatever fruits and veggies are in season in your area at the time you make them. You can always mix and match! The peanut spicy sauce is also very tasty and easy. I love that sauce so much I practically lick the bowl…alrght I’ll be honest. I did. You caught me, so naughty. These also make a great meal or an appetizer.
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 6 tbl light peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce (this makes a tingly spice, add more for serious hotness)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbl soy sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbl hoisin sauce
- Add the ingredients to a small saucepan.
- Heat on low and stir until combined and smooth.
- Serve either warm or cold.
This recipe makes 1 cup of sauce approximately. Each serving is 2 tbl and contains 63 calories, 4.5 grams of fat and 0.8 grams of fiber.
Super Salad Rolls
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and sliced into thin sticks
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced thinly
- 3/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- a few leaves of red cabbage for colour, sliced
- 1/2 shallot, sliced thinly
- basil leaves (optional)
- pea shoots
- 6 rice papers
- Run a sheet of rice paper under some hot water and place on the cutting board. I only do each sheet one at a time as I’m ready for them.
- Assemble your filling near the bottom of your circle of rice paper.
- Fold in the sides and roll up from the bottom of the paper. Tucking the filling in so it is packed tight.
- Cut the roll in half and serve with dipping sauce. Repeat for the remaining papers. Garnish with any remaining pea shoots.
This recipe makes 6 rolls. Each roll is 105 calories, 4.6 grams of fat and 3 gram of fiber. This roll is also very delicious with grilled shrimp or chicken stuffed in the roll with the salad. I found that three rolls is enough for a meal and half a roll is an amazing snack. The remaining sauce will keep in the fridge for about a week and is great in other recipes or for dipping veggies.