This is actually my husband’s recipe. I not only have his permission but he insisted this be shared with other hungry hobbits. It makes a really tasty, dense, nutty pancake. This is not your fluffy pancake recipe. It is such a perfectly delightful filling breakfast for when you know you are going to have a full day ahead of you. This kept us so full that lunch was just a light snack really. Great before some good hiking I’d say!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup flax flour (or just ground up flax seed)
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp splenda
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup egg white (or egg white substitute)
- 1 tbl vanilla, almond or coconut extract
- Blend the dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl whip the egg whites until they form peaks.
- Add the milk and extract to the dry ingredients and stir. Fold in the egg whites.
- Drop the batter in the desired amounts onto a hot sprayed pan. Flip when the bottom is browned. When cooked through, serve!
This makes 8 pancakes typically. Each pancake is 81 calories, 2.4 grams of fat, and 1.7 grams of fiber. The topping in the picture is just pineapple cut into tidbits and mixed with a bit of plain fat free yogurt. Delicious! No need for syrup at all and you get one of those fruit servings in!