Hurray for strawberry season! Hurray for a little more hardcore hobbit action! In the game there is a strawberry tart, well here I decided to make them easier to portion control by making them into cute little tartlettes instead. This recipe is one of those two tiered ones in the game. It’s made using strawberry pie filling, barley flour, butter, and water. The strawberry pie filling is made using strawberries and honey. Doesn’t that sound tasty? I thought so too!
- 1 1/2 whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbl splenda
- a pinch of salt
- 3 tbl cooking margarine
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 6 tbl honey
- 3 tbl whole wheat flour
- Combine the flour, oats, splenda and salt in a bowl.
- Melt the margarine quickly in the micro, I find 10-20 seconds works well. Add to the flour mixture. Add the water to the flour mixture. Stir until it just comes together. Then knead it a few times to get all the dry ingredients together.
- Roll out the dough and cut 12-13 circles that will fit into your muffin tin. Also cut out 12-13 “tops” for your tartlettes. Press your circles into your muffin tin to form the bottom of your tartlettes.
- In another bowl toss the strawberries in 3 tbl of whole wheat flour. Add the honey and combine further.
- Spoon the strawberry filling into each of your tartlette bottoms.
- Top with your special cut tops (mine were cute little strawberrie shapes).
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes, until crust is golden and the filling is bubbling. Cool and serve!
I was able to get 13 tartlettes easily from this recipe. Each tartlette has 124 calories, 1.6 grams of fat, and 4.1 grams of fiber. With all that fiber these are very filling tartlettes! Nummy! Still, they didn’t last the weekend. Hehe.