One of those guilty pleasure flavours for me is a nice bunch of buffalo chicken wings dipped in some blue cheese. Mmmm, goodtimes. So there had to be a way to make these flavours happen but in a healthy and easy way. I had at one point thought of chicken fingers but the coating got in the way. Then my husband suggested grilling. Tada! There it was. Ofcourse the blue cheese dip being a dressing, it was only natural to just make it a salad then. Nummy wing night flavours, far less naughty. Totally win win I say. There is a lot of salad there, I had to put it in my udon bowls!
Quickie Buffalo Style Sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tbl honey
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 or 1/4 cup frank’s red hot sauce (depends on your level of spicy)
Just combine those up and let them sit. Makes about 1 cup of sauce. Each 2 tbl serving is 49 calories, 0 grams of fat, and .1 gram fiber.
To assemble the Buffalo Chicken Salad:
- Glaze the chicken with the Buffalo sauce and grill or cook with desired method.
- Cool the chicken for 5 minutes, slice the chicken, and toss again in some more buffalo sauce if you like a saucy wing like I do.
- Toss a salad with some lettuce, grated carrots, and low fat blue cheese dressing. I use president’s choice blue menu blue cheese dressing. Very nummy and I don’t usually like diet salad dressings.
- Top with the chicken and serve!
Good times. So based on approximately 1 cup of salad, 1/4 cup of grated carrots, a couple of tablespoons of blue cheese dressing, a serving of buffalo sauce, and a chicken breast. Each serving of this salad is 258 calories, 7.6 grams of fat, and 1.8 grams of fiber. Not too bad for a wing night I say! Ofcourse, feel free to increase those lettuce and carrot portions they won’t hurt you one bit!