It’s getting nice and warm out there…a little too warm. A nice frosty treat that’s a little bit different from your same old everyday ice cream is definitely in order. This little faux ice cream cake does just the trick for us. I guess its kind of an ice milk cake really. Didn’t have to bring out our fancy ice cream machine for this one either…although I have plans of bringing it out later for sure. It even looks nice and fancy enough to serve to guests!
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup twice the fruit spread or other low calorie jam, seedless is best
- 1 pkg fat free chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 2 cups fat free cool whip, thawed
- .5 oz extra dark chocolate
- Blend milk, cottage cheese and fruit spread in a blender until smooth.
- Add pudding mix and blend until smooth again.
- Pour into a bowl, gently stir in the cool whip.
- Pour into a small cheesecake pan.
- Grate the chocolate and sprinkle to cover the top of the cake.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve just cut carefully with a warm knife and serve cold. We don’t wait to thaw.
Serves eight. Each serving contains 88 calories, 1 gram of fat, and .1 gram of fiber. I love how the extra dark chocolate doesn’t get waxy when frozen like most milk chocolate does. It just becomes melt in your mouth goodness! Enjoy! Sometimes its nice to seperate this out into single servings to pull out when those chocolate cravings hit.