I can’t believe with all this low calorie and low fat cooking I’ve been doing that I overlooked the humble rice crispy bar. You know that one, most of us made them as kids. So simple to make…yet so plain. They are so low in fat and calories they just make for a natural sweet tooth fix, so let’s liven them up a bit. A few extra touches and you can gourmet up these tasty treats in no time! No, I’m not talking about tossing in some m&ms. Imagine the surprise on your gaming group’s face when you serve up these bad boys…o.k. you can even fluff some flour on your face and act exhausted like the commercial used to if you really want to. I won’t tell.Think I’ll bring these to Dungeons and Dragons tonight…if my husband doesn’t eat them all first.
- 2 tbl butter, unsalted
- 1 oz extra dark chocolate
- 1 (7oz) jar of fluff (marshmallow stuff)
- 2 tbl unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp macadamia nut extract or sugar free macadamia nut syrup
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal
- 2 tbl dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cooking margarine
- Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick.
- Melt butter and 1 oz of dark chocolate in a large saucepan over low heat. Once melted add the fluff, cocoa, and 1tsp macadamia nut extract. Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat, stir in cereal until well coated.
- Press the mix evenly into the pan.
- Combine the chocolate chips, remaining extract, and margarine in a measuring cup. Microwave for 20 seconds. Stir until smooth. Drizzle on top of the cereal mix. Should end up looking something like this:
- Pop into the fridge and allow to cool for atleast 30 minutes. Slice into 27 bars (I do nine vertical and three horizontal rows).
I can’t believe how much nummy chocolate flavour dark chocolate gives for so little. This makes 27 servings, each serving contains 54 calories, 1.7 grams of fat, and .3 grams of fibre. Once again we thank that delicious puffed rice cereal for another treat of awesomeness! Who knew getting a quick chocolate fix could be so easy and so not naughty?