Alright, I can’t take credit for the silly title. I saw it once in a recipe book called eat, shrink and be merry. It amused me greatly. I wasn’t fond of their particular recipe so I went off and made my own. One idea of theirs that I did like was their use of skinless thighs instead of wings. It’s delicious and totally works! They also remind me of those tasty jumbo wings we used to get for 20 cents each way back when. Those were the days. Well wing night is still in my reach so that is definitely cause for celebration! *hobbit dance of joy*
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (you can use bone in but you will have to cook them longer…I’m hungry, no waiting grawr)
- 3 fluid oz. ketchup
- 1 fluid oz. frank’s red hot sauce
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbl honey mustard dijon
- 2 tbl worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp pepper steak spice
- 1 tbl garlic powder
- 2 tbl red wine
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Combine everything except the chicken, refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spray the thighs with some cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper (optional). Grill or bake the chicken at 425 for 20 minutes. I recommend grilling you get a crispier chicken that way.
- Baste the chicken with some of the sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- If you love a super saucy wing like me, toss the wings in a bit more sauce after cooking and serve.
This recipe makes more bbq sauce than you need for just one meal of this. I like to reserve the rest for future parties. Makes 6 “wings”. Each wing is 150 calories, 4 grams of fat and 1 gram of fibre. Just a couple tends to do me, served with some oven fries you have a regular pub night on your hands!