More of that good old fall comfort food. A nice filling pasta bake can really do the trick after running around all day out in that colder weather. The beauty of this is that you can assemble it the night before or on the weekend (pop it into the freezer) then bake it up after a really busy day. Tasty homemade food that really comforts the soul and fills you up. I’m not a pasta fan but sometimes even I need a pasta boost. Sometimes I think of this as a sort of lazy man’s lasagna.
- 300g whole wheat rotini pasta
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/2 light smoked cheese, grated (light provolone is good also if you don’t want the smokey flavours)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and combine completely.
- Combine the basil, sour cream, and smokey cheese.
- Spray a 9×9 baking dish. Spoon half of the pasta mixture into the dish, covering the bottom. Spread the creamy mixture over the noodles in the dish. Top with the remaining noodles. Sprinkle the parmesan on top.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes, let stand 5 minutes. If baking from frozen bake for 45-55 minutes.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving contains 423 calories, 9 grams of fat, and 6 grams of fibre. All that high fibre really fills you up and remember that sauce gives you 2 fruit and veggie servings per serving of this pasta bake. A total win for a one dish meal.