I like big buns and I cannot lie…but these mini buns I can’t deny. Hehehe…o.k. I’ll stop. So I have tackled yet another slider version but this time I wanted a different type of mini bun to go with my new sliders. I love onion buns, the gargantuan ones in the grocery story are just filled with calories and fat though…if you can even get your hands on them. So, it was time to work a little hobbit kitchen magic to get the job done. The only way these could be better is if I was actually able to wood fire them in that supreme oven over in Michel Delving. Mmmmm wood fired buns and all the giggle worthy naughtiness that involves.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp cooking margarine
- 2 tbl brown sugar, unpacked
- 3 cup flour
- 2 tbl onion soup mix, dry
- 4 1/2 tsp yeast
- Combine the ingredients using a kneading motion once moistened. Allow to proof twice. Use dough setting if you have a bread maker.
- Form the dough into 20 balls, flatten each ball slightly to form a disc.
- Bake 350F for 20-25 minutes.
Makes 20 mini buns perfect for sliders. Each bun contains 75 calories, .4 grams fat and .6 grams of fibre. Really tasty with the beef sliders I have posted before or with my newest sliders I will post tomorrow. Actually, my husband has found these great for snacking with a bit of margarine too! Enjoy!