It’s definitely been a cookies kind of week. I put these together using some leftover pumpkin from a batch of pumpkin cheesecake muffins. Can’t let good pumpkin go to waste now can we? I love fall cooking. Yes, I have justified having one with my breakfast on occasion simply because of its pumpkin content…don’t judge me monkey.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, unpacked
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbl pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin (canned or cooked, not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup applesauce (if you make it with my hardcore hobbit applesauce this become even more numly!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Combine the sugar, applesauce, and vanilla until well mixed. Stir in the pumpkin.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spice.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a teaspoon drop the mix unto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 20-22 minutes.
Makes 46 cookies. Each cookie contains 34 calories, .4 grams of fat, and .4 grams of fibre. These are such a light and cake-like cookie. Pumpkin and chocolate were made to go together!