When it’s been a rainy mess all week it is so nice to come home to an already bubbling crockpot full of soup. This works really well with my turkey broth recipe as a base. Just another way to use up those leftovers in an oh so tasty way and warm your core temp. I usually make a turkey barley soup from my broth but this time I wanted to do something a little different. Besides, why should chicken continually hog the noodle love? Selfish, selfish chicken.
- 4 small sweet gourmet carrots (if you can get them, if not any carrot will do)
- 2 celery stalks
- 8 cup turkey broth
- 1 cup turkey meat shredded or cut up
- 112 gram no yolk egg noodles
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp poultry spice
- Slice up the veggies, add even more if you like. Can’t hurt! Room for variation here.
- Add all of the ingredients to your crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
This makes approximately 8 1.5 cup servings. Each serving contains 113 calories, 1.9 gram fat, and 1.6 gram fibre. This is a lovely filling meal, served with a nice bun and salad you have yourself a great comforting feast! I couldn’t believe how full I was after that. I’m thinking the noodles played a part in that one. Num!