So, we are having a marathon of various Halloween films tonight. Popcorn, check. Chicken poutine of not so naughtiness, check. Something sweet…hmmm…well obviously it needs to contain pumpkin! I’ve definitely been on a pumpkin kick this season. It helps that it is filled with fibre and tasty goodness ofcourse. Well, we love date squares so I figured I’d modify the date square idea for pumpkins and tada! It works! Numly marathon food achieved.
- 1 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, unpacked
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup light cooking margarine
- 2 cup pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, unpacked
- 1 egg
- 1 tbl pumpkin pie spice
- Combine the crumble ingredients until the mixture forms several lumps and no loose flour and oats remain.
- Reserve 1 cup of crumble for topping.
- Pour remaining crumble into a 9×13 pan and press to form a crust that covers the bottom. Bake at 375F for 10 minutes.
- Combine filling ingredients until smooth. Spread over baked crust. You do not have to wait for it to cool. Top with reserved crumble sprinkled.
- Bake at 375F for 25 minutes. Allow to cool and cut.
Makes 18 servings. Each serving contains 103 calories, 2.1 grams fat and 1.2 grams fibre. They are oh so nummy! If you like pumpkin pie you will definitely love these. They make enough to share too….if you are so inclined. hehe.