I have been eyeing this honey cake in game for awhile. I love honey, I love cake (especially when it is delicious and moist and game related. The cake is a lie.). O.k. so the cake isn’t a lie this time. It is delicious and moist though. The batter is too…yes, I engaged in illicit bowl licking. It’s honey!!!! In the game the honey cake calls for clover honey, ball of dough, and mixed spice.
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup light cooking margarine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Combine the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Cut in the margarine until you have a coarse meal.
- Beat in the honey, egg, and applesauce until well blended.
- Pour into a loaf pan and bake at 375F for 50-55 minutes. Once that knife test comes clean you are done!
This looks really pretty when you dust it with confectioners sugar. Makes 12 servings. Each serving contains 153 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 1.1 gram of fibre. This is an awesome dense cake and can be used in the place of pound cake for some desserts.