Apple season lives on and what better way to continue celebrating than to make a nummy apple pie. In the game this spiced apple pie is made from a pie crust and apple pie filling. The apple pie filling is made of apples and cinnamon. So very simple! I made this one snowy day, it sure did the trick of bringing a smile to my husband’s face after having to spend an hour and a half in traffic getting home on the snow day. Hurray for apple pie!
- 1 Hardcore Hobbit Pie Crust
- 6 cups peeled, cored, sliced apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbl cornstarch
- 2 tbl honey
- Roll out the pie crust dough and place in a sprayed pie plate. Snip off any excess from the edges.
- Combine the sliced apples with the remaining ingredients and pour into the crust. You can take the time to arrange them all pretty but…rustic!!! Optional to use a cookie cutter on the remaining dough to add a topper. I added hobbits to mine:
- Bake at 425F for 40 minutes. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Makes 8 servings. Each serving contains 175 calories, 4 grams of fat and 3.1 grams of fibre. Opting out of a top crust really saved me a ton of calories and fat. If you are not watching your hobbit figure then go ahead and make yourself a top crust, just add about 10 minutes to your cooking time. Although I have to say, I didn’t miss the top crust at all. More apple flavour without it! Want to see my adorable hobbits after baking?Awwwww. I think he’s waving at me.