Oh, what a tasty twist on that plain old chicken finger. You can use a similar method to make those tasty coconut shrimp as well. Sure you could serve these with a plain old plum sauce but my favourite is to get a nice thai style sweet and spicy sauce. Oh my delicious! It doesn’t take much sauce to bring you to flavourtown. Which is what these fingers are all about really. Yum!
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut shredded
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips. I usually get about 3 or 4 strips per breast. If the chicken is particularly plump you may need to pound it a bit to get some nice thin strips.
- Combine the coconut and panko bread crumbs in a medium bowl.
- Dip the strips in the egg white.
- Coat the strips with the bread crumb mixture in the medium bowl.
- Bake the coated strips for 15-20 minutes at 400F. For extra crispy fingers give them a spray of butter flavoured cooking spray.
Makes 2 servings. Each serving contains 185 calories, 4.4 grams of fat and 1 gram of fibre. Don’t forget, that thai sauce is really the way to go for these. Another tasty dipping sauce for these fingers is my Spicy Peanut Sauce.