Sometimes, a side dish requires that extra bit of something special. Instead of approaching these with my usual slice potatoes, season and oven method, I thought I would give another tried and true method a go. In the game Golden Roast Potatoes are made from golden shire taters, fine seasonings, and savoury seasonings. I made mine from the golden fleshed shire taters grown right here in the shire…*cough* I mean on the island.
- 500 grams golden fleshed potatoes
- 1 sprig of rosemary, chopped
- 3 1/2 tbl lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- sea salt
- ground pepper
- cooking spray
- Scrub your potatoes and cube them.
- Boil for 10 minutes and drain.
- While the potatoes are boiling combine the remaining ingredients in another bowl. Allow to sit until the potatoes are done cooking.
- Pour the mixture over the drained, hot potatoes and stir.
- Pour into a baking dish and spray with cooking spray. Bake at 400F for 25-30 minutes. Turn once during baking.
Serves 2 or 4, depending on how much you love potatoes. Each serving for 2 contains 190 calories, .4 grams of fat, and 4.4 grams of fibre. Just cut that in half for servings for four. These are delicious cold too!