This one was a bit of a triumph for me. I’m sort of anti blueberry muffin after a bad experience with one. Is it ironic that in the game blueberry muffins are used to remove fear effects? I was determined to make blueberry muffins once again tasty for me in the name of hobbitkind. I succeeded…granted I think I will stick to my muffins rather than store bought still. In fact this has given me the courage to try the other blueberry recipes too. Which makes my husband do some sort of happy dance I’m sure. I brought these to our Dresden Files group and amongst that group of fellow foodies they were happily devoured. I call that a huge success! In the game blueberry muffins contain flour, bunch of blueberries, and egg.
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup flour (I used that new nutri flour)
- 1/2 splenda or sugar (nutritionals reflect splenda)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup light butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and splenda in a bowl.
- In another bowl combine applesauce, egg whites, and butter.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry mixture, stir until just moistened. Carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Divide into 12 sprayed muffin tins. Bake at 375F for 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins. Each muffin contains 101 calories, 2.6 grams of fat, and 1.6 grams of fibre. Yes, that’s 101 calories…I love how our game master said “What? You mean I have to eat a hundred of these to even out?!” lol goodtimes.