Oh num! I love my cheeses very sharp and this definitely did the trick for me. Ofcourse, if you are not as much of a fan of sharp cheese or the idea of blue cheese just oogs you out, you can just substitute with any other cheese you love. This hardcore hobbit was so simple to start with. The game suggested: chicken, salt, and a pouch fine seasonings. With that chicken so tasty and roasted your vitality will be renewed. Well, I felt a tasty chicken like that needed a stuffing and the grocery store had this lovely blue cheese on special and roasting chicken….well….I think you know what happened.
- 3-4 lb chicken
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 40 grams blue cheese
- 1 tbl dried parsley
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tbl extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper and sea salt to taste
- butter cooking spray
- Cube or tear bread into pieces. Season with parsley, black pepper and salt.
- Saute the onions in a sprayed pan until golden, pour into the bread mixture. Add olive oil and toss to coat.
- Crumble the blue cheese into the mixture and stir in carefully.
- Stuff into the chicken. Truss the chicken using cooking twine to help it keep it’s shape. Some stores will do this for you. Spray with cooking spray. Season the chicken with basil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Place in roasting pan and bake uncovered at 425F for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 375F and bake for 1 hour.
Serves 4. Each serving contains 191 calories, 8.2 grams of fat, and 1.7 grams of fibre. This assumes that your portion comes from the breast meat mostly and that you remove the skin before eating. Sure, I had a bit of skin but I was being naughty. Shhhh.