My dessert pie for national pie day. I was inspired a bit by Develyndeskyes response to my twitter. She had suggested a chocolate silk pie…so while I was thinking about chocolate silk in my kitchen some bananas caught my eye. Ha! Get some fruit in there make it tasty and healthy. This is a gooey pie simply because that is what I wanted, a pudding pie. If you want a firmer pie you can always fold in some fat free cool whip or something. It does hold shape somewhat but not much. Just messy good times.
- 1 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 pkg fat free chocolate pudding
- 2 bananas
- 8 almond cookies, crushed
- 1 tbl margarine melted
- Combine the cookies and margarine. Press into the bottom of a pie plate to cover the bottom.
- Whisk together chocolate pudding mix and 1 cup of skim milk until it begins to thicken usually about 3 minutes.
- Puree 1 banana and 1/2 cup of milk. Add the puree to the pudding.
- Cut the remaining banana into slices, break apart the slices where the banana naturally segments. Usually into three pieces per slice.
- Stir the banana chunks into the pudding carefully.
- Pour the pudding mixture over the pie crust and refrigerate atleast 4 hours or overnight.
Serves 8. Each serving contains 124 calories, 1.6 grams of fat and 1.2 grams of fibre. This tasty pie sure didn’t last long in our fridge!