Come on, everyone has a recipe for these. They are so great for parties or in my case role playing groups. I usually have a chili layer I include in these but I skipped it this time to make it more vegetarian friendly. Served this with a choice of regular tortilla chips and baked chips…and it disappeared fast. Such a crowd pleaser and really not that hard to portion control for yourself. Get a spoon and grab a cross section for yourself, fill up a ramekin (which is usually 1/4 cup) and you have yourself one serving of this dip! That and you won’t have to fight the others as they omnomnom this too. Why no pictures of it baked? Because as soon as it came out of the oven it was grisly zombie scene of devouring frenzy. Goodtimes.
First layer ( the jalapeno popper inspired layer)
- 5 oz. Fat free cream cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper (with seeds)
Second layer ( guacamole inspired layer)
- 1 avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 small onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbl Taco sauce of desired hotness or chili layer
Fourth Layer (bean dip inspired layer)
- 1 cup low fat refried beans
- 1 tbl lime juice
- 2 tsp. Taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded light cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Combine ingredients for first layer in a blender. Jalapeno first and then added the cream cheese, room temperature. Spread evenly on bottom of oven proof container. I use my loaf pan, always the perfect size.
- Combine the various layers ingredients and layer them on top accordingly. For the bean layer I used the blender. Finish it up by sprinkling the cheese on top and then topping with green onions (if serving cold, if baked add green onions after baking).
- Two ways to serve this. Keep in the refrigerator for an hour and serve cold or heat oven to 350F and bake for 30 minutes (or until cheese is just the way you want it). I prefer the hot way.
Makes about 8 servings of about 1/4 cup. Each serving contains 102 calories, 4 grams of fat and 3.6 grams of fibre. Calculated assuming you used a taco sauce layer, if you go with chili make sure you add those values! Totally delicious!