Really, how hard could duplicating carrot sticks be? Well, let’s see. According to the game you need carrots (uh huh), and butter (what?). To make them epic we need allspice. Carrot sticks with butter…hmmm…aha! How about carrots sticks that are tossed in a butter and allspice coating? A great way to liven up tired old carrot sticks and definitely helps anyone pump up their will (power). Get those veggies in!
- 1 tsp light butter or cooking margarine
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 2 carrots
- Slice the side of the carrot to create a rectangle. I hate peeling carrots and I find this method makes a nice looking carrot stick. First you slice one side of the carrot:Then you place that cut side down on the board and cut the other sides in the same way making the carrot take on a rectangular shape:
- Cut the rectangle in half lengthwise and then again for each half. Cut the resulting sticks in half vertically and tada! Pretty carrot sticks:
- Mix the butter and allspice until smooth.
- Heat a pan to medium. Drop the butter blend into the pan, swirl for a few seconds then add the carrots sticks. Remove from heat. Swirl the mixture a bit longer to coat the carrots and serve!
Who knew carrot sticks could be so involved? In the end you get a tasty still crunchy carrot stick that is covered with a butter spice sauce. Num! Serves 2. Each serving contains 25 calories, 1.3 grams of fat and .9 grams of fibre.