I keep ordering turkey burgers in restaurants and every time it ends in disappointment. Turkey burgers do not need to be dry and flavourless! This summer my husband and I are working on conquering the turkey burger’s bad rep. Making them an adorable slider is only the first step, adding a ton of flavour brings it home. At one point while eating these I actually forgot I was eating a turkey slider…this perplexed me. I recommend serving these with the aioli I made. Oh aioli you complete me. It is another cheater’s aioli but it really does add that perfect condiment to these pretty little sliders.
Mediterranean Style Aioli
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp poultry spice
- 1 tsp italian spice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbl lemon juice
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 2 tbl light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp each poultry spice, italian spice, original Mrs. Dash (I’m trying to lower the sodium)
- 3 tsp dehydrated onion
- 500 grams extra lean ground turkey
- 3 tbl fresh parsley
- Mix the aioli ingredients in a blender until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to top on sliders.
- Combine the slider ingredients in a bowl.
- Form into 9 slider patties. Grill over medium heat 2 minutes per side. Maximum 5 minutes.
- Place on slider buns, top with aioli, serve!
Makes 9 sliders. Nutritional info does not include bun. Each slider with 1 tsp of aioli contains 71 calories, 2 grams fat, .3 gram fibre, 9.6 grams protein, 3 grams carbs. Time to get those grills going!