Cooked to perfection! In the game this particular omelet is made with mushrooms, chicken egg, green onion and mixed herbs. This just sounds like a great way to start the day or even enjoy a light dinner! To me there is just something so elegant about enjoying a nice light omelet for dinner with a nice glass of white wine….candlelight is required ofcourse. Better yet, a fireplace nearby. Can you envision it too? A beautiful way to shut out the modern world for a bit. Omelets are so beautifully fluffy on their own but this time I wanted to pair it with a bit of a light fluffy mushroom foam. What hobbit would turn down extra mushroom on their mushroom omelet? Indeed.
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp skim milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 crimini mushrooms, slice 2 leave rest whole
- 1 tbl white wine
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- a splash chicken stock or water
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1 garlic scape, sliced thinly
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- Combine the egg, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until light and foamy.
- Heat a small or medium pan to medium. Add the garlic scapes, green onions, and sliced mushrooms. Stir constantly cooking for just one minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray the pan and add the egg mixture. Allow to cook one minute, cut into it to allow more of the egg to leak through the bottom and cook. Careful you don’t scramble! Allow to cook another minute.
- While the egg mixture cooks combine the whole mushrooms, soy sauce, white wine, stock, thyme and rosemary in a blender. Blend until a foam forms.
- Place the previously cooked onion mixture on half of the omelet.
- Fold the uncovered slide over carefully. Slide the completed omelet off the pan and top with the mushroom foam.
Serves 1. The serving contains 131 calories, 5.4 grams fat, 3.2 grams carbs, .8 gram fibre, and 18.4 grams protein. Filling, elegant, and tasty!