Well, sure we don’t exactly need warming against the cold of Forochel this time of year but doesn’t a piece of bacon wrapped flounder just sound tasty? How about grilling that piece of bacon wrapped flounder? How about we just say BACON wrapped flounder one more time. *cough* Bacon *cough*. In LOTRO this dish is made using water, BACON (o.k. I was on a bacon kick yesterday), seasonings, and flounder. My husband and I once again collaborated on this one…after all he is the grill master around here. The water part of this recipe eluded me so we made this using frozen flounder. There, water in the ice. Actually using this fish still frozen helped us wrap it in bacon and season it without having it fall apart. If you are using fish from Forochel I’m sure it comes pre-frozen anyways.
- 2 flounder fillets, still frozen
- 4-6 strips bacon (I recommend 2 strips of bacon per filet)
- 1 tsp extra virgin avocado oil
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp white pepper, freshly ground
- Add the bacon to a medium hot pan and cook for a minute. Just enough to partially cook the bacon.
- Brush the fillets with the avocado oil.
- Sprinkle the rosemary and white pepper on both sides.
- Wrap the bacon around the filet and secure each slice with a toothpick.
- Cook the fillets on a grill for about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately. These are great served with some mini gem potatoes cooked in a foil packet on the grill.
Serves 2. Each serving contains (3 oz flounder piece and 2 strips bacon) 172 calories, 7.5 grams fat, 24.4 grams protein, no carbs and no fibre. Get that fibre in using a high fibre side dish and a nice veggie dish. Enjoy!