This is actually my first time having this particular fish. I keep seeing it around and a friend of ours raves about it. I tend to go savoury when making fish dishes but all those reality cooking shows keep pairing citrus with it. Well, obviously I must be missing something so I thought I would give it a go and it worked out really tasty. Again, I should be eating more fish so this was another foray into that eat more fish thing.
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp finely shredded orange zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbl lemon juice
- 1 tbl green onion, chopped
- ground pepper
- Arrange the fillets in a baking dish and set aside.
- Mix the juices together and pour them over the fish.
- Combine the garlic, green onion and zest together. Sprinkle the mixture on the fish. Top with ground pepper.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake at 400F for 10-15 minutes. The fish should flake apart easily with a fork when done.
Makes four servings. Each serving contains (based on a 3 ounce fillet) 92 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, and .1 grams of fibre. It’s amazing how low calorie and low fat fish can be. With and entrée like that I was able to go nuts with my side dishes, a big pile of my beloved herbed wild rice, a bunch of glazed carrots, and some orange wedges for garnish. Tasty!