I keep hearing that making an omelet is one of those first things you learn in chef school. I also remember watching Julia Child do an episode featuring an entire omelet buffet. I think we take for granted what is involved in making an awesome omelet. I love how there are so many approaches to the omelet as well. For this particular hardcore hobbit recipe I decided to blend the french and denver styles. This is a filled omelet but it also has some of the filling mixed in with the eggs. In the game a hobbiton omelet is made with green onion, egg, and sharp cheese. Making a light omelet does not always have to be all about the egg whites. If you enjoy an egg white omelet like I do then go for it! If its one of those days where you need a bit of yolk to get you going then here is another option to try to keep it healthy.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 32 grams light cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Scramble the eggs together. Add half of the green onion to the eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on medium heat until the bottom side is firm. Flip the omelet.
- Cover one side of the omelet with cheese and 1 tbl of green onion. Fold the omelet when the eggs are firm.
- Serve on a plate and garnish with remaining green onion.
This makes one omelet and is stuffed with cheese! The omelet contains 215 calories, 12 grams of fat, and .4 grams of fibre. A nice hearty breakfast for any hobbit feeling a need to indulge without bulge.