I was making sliders again with our new little toy. It’s a slider patty maker from starfrit, cute!! Makes them all so pretty. It was after I was making these that I realized I never got around to posting my healthier slider recipe. I have an oven method which is a bit naughty but this grill method is a bit healthier. These aren’t the lowest fat meal you can have out there but they are a healthier indulgence than most burgers out there. These are awesome served on the potato buns I’ve posted about before. They are so full of flavour I find they don’t need any extra condiments at all. These are super fun to eat when watching Harold and Kumar go to Whitecastle hehehe. Yes, we’ve done it. I have shown you my dork membership card right?
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 1 tsp margarine
- 30 grams light cheddar cheese
- 2 dill pickles
- Open the onion soup mix packages, carefully remove as much of the dehydrated onion as you can from each and set aside in a ramekin.
- Melt the margarine and add to the dehydrated onions in the ramekin. Stir and allow to rehydrate.
- Combine the meat and the remaining onion soup mix in a bowl.
- When thoroughly combined form into 10 small patties.
- Cook the patties on a grill to desired doneness. In the last few minutes of grilling top each patty with a bit of cheese to melt.
- Slice up the pickle into 30 slices.
- Place each burger in a slider bun (such as the potato buns) top with a half teaspoon of the rehydrated onions and three pickle slices.
This recipe makes 10 sliders. Each slider patty with cheese, onions and pickles contains 119 calories, 8 grams of fat and .2 grams of fibre. Definitely a fun meal during the summer and fall…or in front of a certain movie.