Craving something fudgie but none pudgie? I know I do…and yes I am aware that my corny-ness factor is at a 10 right about now. I blame the tasty muffin I just had…is it really a muffin though? I’d say its almost on the level of a cupcake. I can’t get over how tasty and low calorie these bad boys are. Hehe I even got the fact that pumpkin is in these muffins past my anti-gourd eating husband. He has eaten a bunch of these and still not guessed the secret.
The kicker is that these muffins also help you get your veggies in…all while enjoying the fudgy goodness! Alright, alright. I’ll spill the recipe already and quit raving.
- Duncan Hines devil’s food cake mix package
- 1 can 15 oz pure pumpkin (not the pie filling, just pure, unadulterated, pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbl mini chocolate chips
- Combine the ingredients as if it were a regular muffin batter. Don’t over mix, just stir till moistened.
- Line your muffin tin with paper cups. Fill each cup to almost the brim.
- Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes
This recipe makes 15 muffins for me at 153 calories each. The pumpkin makes it so smooth and fudgie and you can’t even taste it! This recipe works great with all sorts of duncan hines mixes, I find that brand works out best done this way. My other favorite is the spice cake muffin with raisins. Try them out, experiment with the combinations, and enjoy the secret of knowing you are getting a bit of veg and busting a craving all at the same time! I know I do!