As promised, here are the sliders that go with those cute onion mini buns. I love that sliders are so popular right now. There are so many ideas out there to help you step out of the beef burger box. Careful while eating these bad boys, they are indeed juicy…as my shirt found out halfway through dinner. Clumsy, clumsy hobbit.
- 1 lb lean ground lamb
- 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 splash of red wine
- 1 tsp garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 40 grams raclette
- 2 tbl tzatziki sauce
- Combine the first seven ingredients. make 9 small patties.
- Cook patties as desired. I grilled but you can also pan fry or bake. Grilling took 12 minutes with a flip halfway.
- Top each patty with a pinch of raclette cheese. Continue cooking for a few minutes until cheese is bubbly and melty.
- Place each patty in a bun and top with 1/2 tsp of tzatziki on each. Like so:
Makes 9 sliders. Each slider (including the cheese and tzatziki but not the bun) contains 110 calories, 5.1 grams fat and .1 gram of fibre. In my recipe I also threw in a couple of teaspoons of benefibre, the tasteless one for shape management to up the fibre. I didn’t include that in the write up and calculations because not everyone likes to cook with benefibre. I suggest it though, didn’t taste any different and higher fibre is good for you! I served this with a side of hardcore hobbit: golden roasted potatoes.