In the game this lamb dish is made with mint sauce, mixed herbs and rack of lamb. This is definitely a special occasion dish, I don’t know many people who have a rack of lamb on any old weekday night. It was definitely a hit, the lamb was so tender and the mint sauce drizzled on was just perfect! I can’t wait to do it again sometime. I’m hoping next time we can grill the meat. I have a feeling that grilling this will lead to epic levels of tasty.
- Rack of lamb
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 tbl fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 tbl malt vinegar
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Hardcore Hobbit Mint Sauce
- Puree the onion, garlic, lemon juice, tarragon, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a blender. Massage the marinade onto the rack of lamb and allow to sit, refrigerated for atleast 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400F and heat a pan over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Sear the lamb on both sides in the pan. Move the lamb to the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Cover the lamb with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Drizzle with a bit of mint sauce just before serving.
You know what. Just because this is a special occasion dish let’s not talk about the nutritional info just this once. Keep in mind though the more you trim some of that fat off your rack of lamb the healthier it is. Don’t trim too much off though or you will sacrifice flavour. Serves 4 ( two chops each typically). Amazing when served with a side of pan seared polenta and on a bed of wilted spinach as pictured.